Step into our community uprising of care
Rise up to fight local poverty
DAYS LEFT TO UP 2018: 158
Ready to change lives as far as the eye can see? Then, register for UP 2018! Going sky-high on Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November 25 means rising to two of our region’s tallest challenges: conquering all 1,776 steps of the CN Tower and lifting people from poverty to a life filled with possibility. Are you UP?
- Student Climb: Saturday, November 24, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Public Climb: Saturday, November 24, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Corporate Climb: Sunday, November 25, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Presidential Climb: Sunday, November 25, 2018; 10:15 a.m.
(BY INVITATION ONLY)
A non-refundable registration fee applies: $10 for students and $20 for adults. While assisting with event planning, this fee will ensure that United Way Greater Toronto minimizes the potential loss of donated funds. (Note: a tax receipt cannot be issued for the registration fee, as prescribed by the Canada Revenue Agency.)
To be eligible, each climber must raise and submit the following fundraising minimums: $50 for elementary/high-school students, and $75 for post-secondary students; $100 for adults. As always, 100% of funds raised will go directly to United Way’s ongoing work in fighting poverty across our region.
2017 Prize Winners
Top Individual Fundraisers
- Top Individual fundraiser: Pat Pambianco, Suncor Energy Inc. $13,816
- 2nd Top Individual fundraiser: Bill Anderson, Sun Life Financial, $12,377.60
- 3rd Top Individual fundraiser: Mary Lou Jorgensen-Bacher, Ministry of Labour, $11,648.00
Top Fundraising Team
- Ontario Public Service, $157,782.30
- Corporate: TD Canada Trust, 1007
- Public: #WeGotThis, 15
- Elementary/Secondary School: Northern Secondary School, 170
- Post-Secondary School: Humber College, 82
- Fastest female (Corporate): Kylee Bauersfeld, Scotiabank, 14:31
- Fastest male (Corporate): Brad Bradford, City of Toronto, 11:47
- Fastest female (Public): Maria Sanna, 14:48
- Fastest male (Public): Nick Croker, 10:36
- Fastest female (age 13-17): Emily Hardie, 15:21
- Fastest male (age 13-17): Nathan Simanavicius, 11:55
- Fastest female (under 12 years of age): Kiki Drozd, 16:52
- Fastest male (under 12 years of age): Gabriel Kulikauskas, 14:15
- Fastest male: Dave Jones, Sun Life Financial, 15:27
- Top fundraiser: Bill Anderson, Sun Life Financial, $12,377.60