Your small steps can make a huge difference for local communities.
COUNTDOWN TO UP 2018: 34
Join us on Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November 25 for UP 2018. Together, we’ll climb 1,776 steps to the top of the CN Tower and help communities rise from poverty to possibility. Choosing to climb with us is your way of taking positive action and showing your local love. Together, let’s step UP!
- Student Climb: Saturday, November 24, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Public Climb: Saturday, November 24, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Corporate Climb: Sunday, November 25, 2018; 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Presidential Climb: Sunday, November 25, 2018; 10:15 a.m.
(BY INVITATION ONLY)
A non-refundable registration fee applies: $10 for students and $20 for adults. While assisting with event planning, this fee will ensure that United Way Greater Toronto minimizes the potential loss of donated funds. (Note: a tax receipt cannot be issued for the registration fee, as prescribed by the Canada Revenue Agency.)
To be eligible, each climber must raise and submit the following fundraising minimums: $50 for elementary/high-school students, and $75 for post-secondary students; $100 for adults. As always, 100% of funds raised will go directly to United Way’s ongoing work in fighting poverty across our region.
2017 Prize Winners
Top Individual Fundraisers
- Top Individual fundraiser: Pat Pambianco, Suncor Energy Inc. $13,816
- 2nd Top Individual fundraiser: Bill Anderson, Sun Life Financial, $12,377.60
- 3rd Top Individual fundraiser: Mary Lou Jorgensen-Bacher, Ministry of Labour, $11,648.00
Top Fundraising Team
- Ontario Public Service, $161,000
- Corporate: TD Canada Trust, 1007
- Public: #WeGotThis, 15
- Elementary/Secondary School: Northern Secondary School, 170
- Post-Secondary School: Humber College, 82
- Fastest female (Corporate): Kylee Bauersfeld, Scotiabank, 14:31
- Fastest male (Corporate): Brad Bradford, City of Toronto, 11:47
- Fastest female (Public): Maria Sanna, 14:48
- Fastest male (Public): Nick Croker, 10:36
- Fastest female (age 13-17): Emily Hardie, 15:21
- Fastest male (age 13-17): Nathan Simanavicius, 11:55
- Fastest female (under 12 years of age): Kiki Drozd, 16:52
- Fastest male (under 12 years of age): Gabriel Kulikauskas, 14:15
- Fastest male: Dave Jones, Sun Life Financial, 15:27
- Top fundraiser: Bill Anderson, Sun Life Financial, $12,377.60