Register today for the return of United Way’s virtual physical challenge
Your community needs your help! Let’s GetUP and get active from November 1-14 to support people and families who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
TAKE THE CHALLENGE
All you have to do is GetUP and move your body for 280 minutes (that’s the number of frontline community agencies United Way supports across the GTA). And the activity is all about YOU! You get to pick the activity: running, jumping, skipping, dancing, biking, yoga—anything goes! It’s your chance to get your heart pumping, show some local love and raise funds to help fight local poverty.
HOW IT WORKS
- Register to participate and start fundraising. Each dollar raised goes towards helping people and families experiencing issues like poverty, hunger and homelessness.
- Join a team or start one. Ask your family, friends, neighbours and colleagues to show their local love by joining you for GetUP 2021.
- Going solo? That works too! Ask your community to show their local love by contributing to your fundraising campaign.
- Make GetUP your own. How you get your 280 minutes in is up to you! You can do it all at once, commit to 40 minutes a day for seven days or spread the challenge out over two weeks by doing 20 minutes a day. You can even share your minutes with a friend or colleague by asking them to register too!
- Share your progress. As you work toward your 280-minute goal, be sure to join other participants in sharing your progress on social media using #UP4Community.
What are you waiting for? Register for GetUP today!
*The registration fee covers the cost to produce and mail out the welcome kit. Register early to receive your welcome kit prior to the event campaign period.